Tuesday, November 27, 2007

McCrath








McGruf was famous for taking a bite out of crime.
And at SPU Soccer Coach Cliff McCrath was responsible for taking a bite out of SPU's obscurity among academic instutions. This has to stop!

Taking SPU to the finals 30 times, and winning the national soccer championship five times was just about the only thing SPU was ever famous for and we had to put that to a stop before he became the winningest coach in history. I mean, we barely avoided fame with the whole Eugene Peterson thing. It is a good thing he defected to Canada before links could be made from Peterson to SPU's viability as an academic and spiritual institution. I mean, if people start coming to SPU because it is respected for its accomplishments and competency in its endeavors, what will become of our new science building and our diversity efforts?

What would you rather have? A successful sports team that gains respect from regional and national and international figures? Or the multi-cultural dinner? I know, but what if I told you that the multi-cultural dinner is free food? Vote with your stomachs.

2 Comments:

At 12/01/2007 9:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pretending to by Dr. Philip Eaton, current President of SPU, and the content of your writing is libel. Your 1st Amendment rights do not protect this kind of character defamation and what you are doing is horribly wrong. I can't believe you have been doing this since 2004, you should be ashamed of yourself. Considering all the apparent anger caged inside of you, you should seriously consider seeking professional help.

 
At 12/08/2007 7:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Phil buddy I'm feelin ya. I got a deal for ya (I don't want to say God told me to but...) - lets swap jobs for like 6 months until all this stuff blows over - then we can switch back. The best part about it is that we can recycle all of our chapel sermons. Students and falculty will be begging for you after I impose all of the ORU legalistic campus guidelines or better yet I can implement the BoJo Student Expectations. (http://www.bju.edu/prospective/expect/dress.html)

Richard Roberts

 

Post a Comment

<< Home