Monday, September 19, 2005

MixMaster PEaton wrote the book on E-comm

Most people don't know this, but the internet was my idea. Gore and I were in vietnam writing articles for the army newspaper. I covered the cafeteria beat, writing reviews of the latest variety of gruel.

I said to Al, "Hey Gore, you know what we should do: internet." We looked at eachother and we knew exactly what we had to do: ditch Vietnam and start the internet. We figured that Vietnam could resolve itself regardless of our involvement. Stateside, Gore and I split ways. I moved to AZ and lived in a commune for a summer, writing poetry and experiementing with certain herbages. My studies found that a hint of Rosemary makes any omelete a great omelete. Mmmmmmm......

Gore went and started the internet. I tried to start a rival internet, known as "Internet 2: for those without computers" We'd write out people's email and then mail it to them through the regular mail. But that didn't work. So I sold of the commune, cut off my pony tail and hit the road for Eastern Washington, because that is where I believed the malomar factory to be located. A rosemary omelete makes me crave the malomars. Alas, no city of malomars was found in Eastern Washington and I was greatly disappointed. Demoralized, disjuncted, dismayed, I was given an honorary English Degree because I looked so much like an English grad student already.

Anyway, My e-commerce savvy has not left me. And when it comes to e-community I wrote the book on Facebook.

Peace out, my homies
"Mix Master Peaton"

2 Comments:

At 9/20/2005 1:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just stumbled upon your blog here Phildawg, and I just wanted you to know that I will be following your posts this year. Keep up the good work.

Maybe this year we can actually engage and change?

 
At 9/28/2005 3:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you should start your own cable network like Gore did, Phil. It should be called, "Current, Schmurrent!" and the tag line is, "Screw Gore we got more!"

If you need any more ideas...you know where to find me.

Well, actually... no you don't.

Love,

Panda

 

Post a Comment

<< Home