Sunday, February 06, 2005

Most influential Christians

So the big talk is about the most influential christians in America. I love America, don't get me wrong, but this conversation was boring and I was fading in and out during the meeting we had about it. It was boring because, I mean, who are these people? Rick Warren? Frank Graham? James Dobson? Who has heard of these people? I guess they all have best sellers or something, but then again who reads anything these days? Not me. I am down with the young generation, I am down with blogging and I am down with the kids. That's why I am such a good president. Kids these days don't read. They listen... to music. Hear are my top influential Christians.

1. Psalty the Singing Psalm Book. I know he sounds like a woman, but his voice is still the word of God, teaching valuable lessons to all of us about sharing and caring in God's world.
2. DC Talk. They are Christians (Jesus is still alright with them) and they know grammar (love is a verb). There is no better friend to the Christian Academic than DC Talk.
3. Larry the Cucumber. Embracing all sides of faith the silly and the part where I get hungry. Veggietales made a noble sacrifice, but I got to hand it to them that was the most delicious cobb salad I've had since the last time I was in Palm Springs.
4. Stacey Oreiko. We all liked britney spears because she was hot and danced around wearing next to nothing but we felt a little off about liking her because we didn't know where she was in her walk with the Lord. But then Stacy came around and she was almost as hot and we knew she loved the Lord so we had no problems watching her sing and dance around wearing next to nothing. Praise Jesus!
5. Michael W Smith. Whatever I say on this blog, no matter how mean I am to Steeley-boy, I know that he will always be my friend cause friends are friends forever. And because he loaned me $5.60 for a meal at Dick's Drive-In and if he doesn't call me back this week he is sooooo not getting it back.

If you have favorite influential christians that have inspired you maybe you should write them and tell them or post it here. If I am one of the most influential Christians in your life, maybe you should send me money.

Phil

1 Comments:

At 3/13/2005 11:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Phildog-

Long time reader, first time blogger. What is your take on the universities Plant Services Workers??? I see them all over campus...and I know that I (a student) pay for them, but what do they do? Let me know why this 6.5% increase in my tutition is going to make it all better for a group of guys (plant services) that do absolutely nothing on campus except drive around and kill time? Also, who is that guy who drives all over campus in that huge box truck...he almost hit me last week...what an asshole!

Get back to me because this increase is not justified.

Later,
C-Clamp

 

Post a Comment

<< Home