Sunday, November 21, 2004

Engaging the Sunday Culture

Most of the world sleeps in on Sunday morning. They read the paper, maybe have a cup of coffee, or perhaps go out for a large breakfast. Okay, maybe not most of the world, but all of Queen Anne does and I want to too.

If I didn't have to go to church, I'd saunter on up to the Queen Anne Cafe and order myself "The Nuge" off the Omelette Menu (the breakfast tribute to the legendary rocker, filled with four different kinds of sausage). Oh, and I'd treat the Mrs right. She could get whatever she wanted. She usually gets the fruitcup. (As if she doesn't get enough of me at home.)

So I brought this up to the Pastor. And he said, "Sounds good. You can come to church on Saturday night." Pfft! Whatever, Abbott. Saturday night is my night to go drinking at the Dubliner with James Pedrick. SPU kids always get better after they graduate.

Needless to say, the Abbott didn't like that plan. Nor did the Mrs. Pedrick was okay with it though. Gotta love that kid!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home