Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Proposed Speech

Les Steele said I could NOT "wing" the graduation speech and that I had to prepare something. Bogus. I flipped him the bird. Then I went down to Marston and gave Reinsma the bird as a preemptive counter attack to the witty scoffs he's sure to make during whatever I come up with. So during the next few days I am gonna write on it and let you guys choose the topic:


"Graduates, as I look on you today it reminds me of the double decker soft taco I had at taco bell, mainly because they are so delicious and good and I am sure you are. In a lot of ways life is like a double decker soft taco from Taco Bell. The first layer is like college. Soft taco tortilla, soft refried beans, melted cheese, all things that are creamy, they offer no resistance to the palate, but they taste dang good, kinda like SPU. Next is real life. A much harder shell and some meat and some lettuce maybe a tomato chunk or two if you're lucky and more melted cheese. That's the real world. Not as good as the soft taco but still tasty. I don't think life can get much better than a soft taco. Who wants lettuce anyways? And tomatos are gross. Stay here at SPU. Have soft tacos everyday. Mmmmm. I'm gonna get some right now. Steeley-boy take over."


Then les would say something totally stupid about acheivement and rigorous study and effort and knowledge and growth, but honestly what is all that when compared to a soft taco from taco bell?

Answer: Not much.

Peace-out
Phil

P.S. Any complaints? You know where to find me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home