Thursday, June 03, 2004

Dr. Spina and Father Zosima

It is with a heavy heart that I bid farewell to two of my oldest and closest companions.

Dr. Spina, who has been with SPU for thirty years, (since before FRIENDS), is leaving us to be a stunt double for Tony Campolo. I wish Frank all the best in his new endeavors. In honor of his many years of service, I took Frank down to 7-11. I bought him an ounce of slurpee for every year he has taught at SPU. Not too many professors can claim a 32oz slurpee on the administration, Frank. Drink with pride, but drink fast because it'll surely melt.

Also, I was sad to learn the Foul-con so enraged Dr. Vokos, that he decided to exclude Father Zosima from Vokosdoxy as well. Now it is just Dr. Vokos and Jesus. While it is sad to see one of the great literary figures of Western Civilization ousted, I am inspired and encouraged by Dr. Vokos' piety.

I believe good can come from Vokosdoxy on campus. As Dr. Wall would say, "we could all be better Christians, if we were better at Vokosdoxy." Also, it will boost the reputation of SPU to brag that one of our professor's ancestors wrote your Bible.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home